The following is the Labor Union Report news recap from April 8, 2019. Unions included are the ATU, AFL-CIO, AFSCME, American Federation of Teachers, CWA, IBEW, Steelworkers, Teamsters, UNITE HERE, and UFCW, as well as, the National Labor Relations Board…
Amalgamated Transit Union
- Councilmen Rap Governor Over Not Restoring School-Bus EPP
- An NJ Transit reform Murphy promised is here. But, not everyone is happy about it.
- GOP winning with Dems talking nonsense
- A Pelosi-shaped cloud over Trump’s NAFTA 2.0 chances
- Big profits and highly paid CEOs could cost California companies
American Federation of Teachers
- Kamala Harris’ Hair-Raising, Tax-Raising Plan
- Democrats Embrace Newspeak — But Talk Is Still Cheap
- UC Librarians Agree to New Contract After Six Months of Bargaining
Communications Workers of America
- Shameless Union Attacks Threaten Future 5G Innovation in America
- Merge teachers’ health plan? Murphy, Sweeney far apart on idea
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
National Labor Relations Board
- Is Union’s Inclusion Of Weingarten Rights Statement In Collective Bargaining Agreement Coercive?
- UAW Bosses Back Down, Will Refund $26,000 in Forced Union Dues Seized after Right to Work Law Was in Effect
- Anti-Union University Administrations Fight Graduate Student Worker Organizing
- Fed. Court No Place For Phillips 66 Benefits Suit, Union Says
- Steelworkers explain rejection of Harley-Davidson’s contract offer
- A US Steel Factory Is Making People Sick, Health Experts Say. Politicians Are More Worried About Jobs.
- Union leaders angry over Metro Louisville request for wage freeze
- Ponce Inlet chief investigated over hostile work environment claims
- ‘We have to show them that we’re not going to give up.’ Seven months into strike, Cambria hotel workers fight on.
- Local 54 Reaches Deal on Hard Rock Atlantic City Workers Unionization
United Food & Commercial Workers
- Meet Marty, Your New Robotic Retail Worker
- Montgomery council to hold public hearings on proposed 2020 budget