Sunday, 7:30 pm: This post will be updated as information becomes available.
The following has been announced on Stop & Shop’s website:
UFCW NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE – APRIL 21, 2019
“We are very pleased to announce Stop & Shop has reached fair new tentative agreements with UFCW Locals 328, 371, 919, 1445 and 1459, which represent our 31,000 associates in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. We’re also glad to have our associates return to work as the strike has ended.
The tentative three-year agreements, which are subject to ratification votes by members of each of the union locals, include:
- Increased pay for all associates;
- Continued excellent health coverage for eligible associates; and
- Ongoing defined benefit pension benefits for all eligible associates.
“Our associates’ top priority will be restocking our stores so we can return to taking care of our customers and communities and providing them with the service they deserve. We deeply appreciate the patience and understanding of our customers during this time, and we look forward to welcoming them back to Stop & Shop.”
BREAKING: Stop & Shop supermarket workers, company officials say they've reached a tentative contract agreement, ending a strike. https://t.co/yROu3uPZPn
— The Associated Press (@AP) April 21, 2019
— Stephen Singer (@SteveSinger10) April 21, 2019
BREAKING: A tentative agreement has been reached, ending the #StopandShopStrike!
Congratulations to workers! pic.twitter.com/5HwKvdLNcd
— People for Bernie (@People4Bernie) April 21, 2019
Prior Weekend Covereage
Sunday, April 22, 2019
- To compete in a nonunion world, Stop & Shop must first win over its unionized workers
- Talks Resume Sunday Between Stop & Shop, Striking Workers | Bostonomix
- Stop & Shop, union workers resume negotiations in effort to end strike | Fox Business
- Stop & Shop strike convinces 75% of loyal customers to take business elsewhere
- After talks go late into night, Stop & Shop negotiations resume Sunday – The Boston Globe
- Stop & Shop workers exhausted, hopeful on 11th day of strike – Connecticut Post
Saturday, April 20, 2019
- Stop & Shop Strike Continues Into Second Weekend – CBS Boston
- As Strike Continues, Stop & Shop Workers Receive Support From Shoppers, State Officials – CBS Boston
- Holiday weekend and Stop and Shop strike create boomy business | WJAR
- Stop & Shop workers stay positive as strike reaches 10th day – The Hour